New Members Class: If you are interested in becoming a member of Cornerstone or would like to learn more about us and the Presbyterian Church in America, then please join Senior Pastor Wilson Shirley during the Sunday School hour at various times throughout the year.
Joining a church requires a commitment. It also requires agreement. But that does not mean that everyone in a church is in the same place in their walk with the Lord. To join Cornerstone, you must be able to honestly and sincerely answer the following five questions of membership (or “membership vows”) as set forth in the PCA’s Book of Church Order:
- Do you acknowledge yourselves to be sinners in the sight of God, justly deserving His displeasure, and without hope save [except] in His sovereign mercy?
- Do you believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God, and Savior of sinners, and do you receive and rest upon Him alone for salvation as He is offered in the Gospel?
- Do you now resolve and promise, in humble reliance upon the grace of the Holy Spirit, that you will endeavor to live as becomes the followers of Christ?
- Do you promise to support the church in its worship and work to the best of your ability?
- Do you submit yourselves to the government and discipline of the church, and promise to study its purity and peace?
We will have a new member class beginning August 4, 2019.
To register, please e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org