- MNA Disaster Response Needs Your Help!!
- Cornerstone Presbyterian is taking a team to Panama City to help those affected by Hurricane Michael. Trip dates January 18-21, 2019.
- Volunteers needed – Men, Women and youth the age of 15 or older.
- The first step is to register as a disaster response volunteer. This registration process includes a background screening that clears the individual to serve and is good for 36 months. The link is on our website www.pcamna.org, or you may click here to register. We also have a FAQ and a Volunteer Mobilization Sheet with more detailed information if you like.
- Please pray about coming to serve. MNA leaders cannot stress enough about the tremendous needs they are dealing with. All who have gone to Panama City have said it is just like Katrina. Katrina was larger but Michael was much more powerful when making landfall; just for some perspective.
- If interested contact Rick and Wendy Dillon (256-651-9730 firstname.lastname@example.org).
The damages left from Hurricane Michael are catastrophic. In speaking with our leadership on the ground they have drawn a direct comparison to the damages left by Hurricane Katrina. All three of our PCA churches in Panama City sustained major damages as did the vast majority of their congregants. The financial needs are great and the need for volunteers major!!!
How you can help:
- PRAY – for those who have been impacted by this storm and those who are responding.
- GIVE– please give generously. The financial needs left in the wake of this storm are tremendous. You may click here to give electronically. To mail your gift, make your check out to ‘MNA Disaster Response’ and mark ‘For Hurricane Michael Relief’ and mail to: Mission to North America, PO Box 890233, Charlotte NC 28289-0233. (Please know that MNA does not charge any fees for services so 100% of all donations to a designated event go to meet the needs presented by that event.)
- GO – A Volunteer Staging Site has been set up at Panama City Beach. If you would like to volunteer please click here to register. For more information about serving click here. For a FAQ about volunteering please click here. PLEASE NOTE: ALL VOLUNTEERS MUST REGISTER AND BE SCHEDULED THROUGH MNA DISASTER RESPONSE. If you have any questions you may contact Sherry Lanier at email@example.com.
Read this Special Update.