This past Sunday marked my fifth year that I have had the blessing of being your Senior Pastor at Cornerstone. In some ways, it has flown by, but in other ways it feels like we are just getting started!
I have had the blessing of being able to serve on four different church staffs and each stop has been a tremendous opportunity for me to grow and be ministered to in so many ways by so many godly and faithful people. Cornerstone has been no different as this community has been such a blessing to me and my family. We are so thankful to be here and we are so excited about the future!
So much has happened in the last five years. So many good and wonderful things. And yet, it feels like the best is yet to come! I’m happy to be a part of it and love being your pastor. Here are some things I’m thankful for:
- The Cornerstone mission statement: The mission of Cornerstone Presbyterian Church is to be a community of Christ’s followers who worship, grow, and serve together to glorify God in Huntsville and throughout the world.
- The congregation’s love for the preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
- We had an 87% Sunday School attendance in 2018!
- Nearly $100,000 was given to missions and denominational ministries in 2018.
- We have a growing youth group and strong commitment to their discipleship and growth.
- God has blessed us with property downtown that we can pray will be used to bless the city and make disciples.
- We will host our 5th VBS this summer!
- Cornerstone will go on its third mission trip to serve the Yakama people with Sacred Road Ministries this summer.
These are just a few of the many, many blessings … and there are more to come!
Would you commit to pray daily for Cornerstone? The bulletin is a great resource to do that, but would you also pray for the staff and the officers – that God would use us to be faithful stewards of the ministry with which He has entrusted us. Pray that we would be obedient to the Scriptures, true to the Reformed faith and faithful to the Great Commission.
I’m looking forward to worship with you Sunday and celebrating the Lord’s Supper.
by His Grace and to His Praise,