“Hosanna! Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, even the King of Israel!"
This truly is the most wonderful time of the year as we celebrate the season of the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ! This is a special time at Cornerstone as we will celebrate our first Easter together as a particularized church. Please plan to be with us and bring a friend!
As we enter Holy Week, we will be looking at Easter Through the Eyes of John
. This Palm Sunday, April 13th, we will look at John 12:12-19, The World Has Gone After Him!
After the service we will all gather at Monte Sano State Park for food and fellowship. Join us!
On Good Friday, we will gather together for a special communion worship service at 7pm. At this time we will strive to truly grasp the weight of the cross and the depth of God's love as we reflect on Jesus' blood that was shed for us and His body that was broken for us. Our passage of study will be John 15:1-17, Greater Love
After a reflective and somber service on Good Friday let us rejoice and gather together on Easter morning to celebrate the fact that Christ has risen, He has risen indeed! Our sermon this glorious morning will be on John 20:24-31, Jesus is the Proof of God.
See you soon!
By His Grace and to His praise,
- Shelly Caramanian—pray for her recovery from recent surgery.
- Westminster Presbyterian – beginning pastoral search process.
- Wilson and Laura Shirley, Andrew, Forrest, Ann Evelyn and Sarah Elizabeth—as they transition to Huntsville.
- Ann Lammons—surgery went well and they are waiting to get the pathology report.
- New Members Class: If you are interested in becoming a member of Cornerstone or would like to learn more about us and the Presbyterian Church in America, then please join us during the Sunday school hour for two Sundays, April 27th and May 4th. The class will meet in the choir room at the end of the hall and is open to adults and students 7th grade and up. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- We need more Sunday school teachers for our 1st-4th graders. Please contact Kyle Mosier if you are interested at 256-658-1050256-658-1050 or email@example.com.
We meet each Sunday from 8:30-9:30 a.m. for worship at First Cumberland Presbyterian Church located at 1802 Bankhead Parkway. Sunday school immediately follows our worship service, from 9:45-10:45 a.m. Please join us!
We are now having a Gathering Song as a prelude to our worship service. It begins about 8:25 am each Sunday. Please come and use this song to prepare your heart for worship. The words are printed in the bulletin, so you can sing along if you wish.
Please help us to honor our host church. Immediately following the service, please move our fellowship downstairs or outside the building, so as not to disturb their Sunday School classes which begin at 9:45 am.
- Families with Small Children - Please use this parking lot because it is easier to access the Nursery from this level.
- Main Level Parking Lot - Other than the Handicap spaces, the majority of these parking spaces are for those attending 1st Cumberland Pres. Spaces at the south end of the Main Level Parking Lot are for available for those attending Cornerstone.
- Upper Level Parking Lot - This is the main parking area for Cornerstone. If you are unable to negotiate the steps back down to the sanctuary, please stop at the front door and a Deacon will park and retrieve your car.