I want to highlight a couple of events and exciting things going on at Cornerstone.
Welcome Cynthia Keen!
Please join me in welcoming Cynthia Keen as the new Administrative Assistant for Cornerstone Presbyterian Church. We are thankful the Lord has brought Cynthia to us and she is looking forward to serving our church. Cynthia will be joining me in the church office in jew a few weeks. A special thanks to Jenni Boerner who has been a great blessing to Cornerstone with the many administrative items this past year.
New Members Class.
If you are not a member and you would like to be, or if you want to just learn more about Cornerstone and the PCA, then I invite you to join me for our New Members Class on April 27th and May 4th. Please see the announcement in this newsletter for all the details.
- If you visit our website you will notice we have a temporary page but stay tuned ... our brand new website will be ready soon. In the mean time, we need your help! If you have talent in making videos, photography, or graphic design please contact me or Alan Patterson. We would love for you to serve on our media team to help us make the website a great outreach tool to the Huntsville community.
Easter Sermon Series
- I'm looking forward to celebrating the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ during Holy Week at Cornerstone! For this celebration we are going to take a break from our sermon series on the Psalms of Ascents and look to the Gospel of John and view Easter through his eyes. Our study of Easter Through the Eyes of John
will begin on Palm Sunday, continue with a special communion service on Good Friday, and wrap up with the joy of Easter morning.
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends." (John 15:13 ESV)
Have a great weekend!
by His grace and to His praise,
- Shelly Caramanian—pray for her recovery from recent surgery.
- Westminster Presbyterian – beginning pastoral search process.
- Wilson and Laura Shirley, Andrew, Forrest, Ann Evelyn and Sarah Elizabeth—as they transition to Huntsville.
- Ann Lammons—she is having surgery on April 8th to remove a suspicious growth under her left eye. Please pray it is benign.
- New Members Class: If you are interested in becoming a member of Cornerstone or would like to learn more about us and the Presbyterian Church in America, then please join us during the Sunday school hour for two Sundays, April 27th and May 4th. The class will meet in the choir room at the end of the hall and is open to adults and students 7th grade and up. Please email email@example.com to sign up.
- We need more Sunday school teachers for our 1st-4th graders. Please contact Kyle Mosier if you are interested at 256-658-1050256-658-1050 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We meet each Sunday from 8:30-9:30 a.m. for worship at First Cumberland Presbyterian Church located at 1802 Bankhead Parkway. Sunday school immediately follows our worship service, from 9:45-10:45 a.m. Please join us!
We are now having a Gathering Song as a prelude to our worship service. It begins about 8:25 am each Sunday. Please come and use this song to prepare your heart for worship. The words are printed in the bulletin, so you can sing along if you wish.
Please help us to honor our host church. Immediately following the service, please move our fellowship downstairs or outside the building, so as not to disturb their Sunday School classes which begin at 9:45 am.
- Families with Small Children - Please use this parking lot because it is easier to access the Nursery from this level.
- Main Level Parking Lot - Other than the Handicap spaces, the majority of these parking spaces are for those attending 1st Cumberland Pres. Spaces at the south end of the Main Level Parking Lot are for available for those attending Cornerstone.
- Upper Level Parking Lot - This is the main parking area for Cornerstone. If you are unable to negotiate the steps back down to the sanctuary, please stop at the front door and a Deacon will park and retrieve your car.